Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Note from Momma: Dr. Lyle

It is with great sadness that I share that Dr. Jim Lyle, the wonderful physician who delivered Reese, passed away this morning. For the last year, Dr. Lyle has been fighting lymphoma. He has kept a blog to update his friends and patients on his condition. Dr. Lyle underwent a bone marrow transplant earlier this year, but unfortunately, it was not able to take all the cancer away.

Dr. Lyle was an outstanding physician, and I doubt I will ever know another like him. He was so kind and caring, with so much positive energy and optimism, even throughout this tough battle he has fought. He was a huge Auburn fan, and we always talked about Auburn when I had a doctor visit. He has seven grandchildren who live in Auburn, and he visited there often. I really cannot say enough kind things about Dr. Lyle - He was a wonderful man, physician, father and husband.

Each time I look at Reese, I am so thankful for her and so thankful to Dr. Lyle for helping us bring her into the world. For this, Dr. Lyle is such an important person in our lives, and we will miss him greatly.

No comments: